Thank you Beverley @ Becoming the Oil and the Wine for nominating me for The Barnabus Award. I am grateful to receive this. 🤗
I enjoy Beverley’s post because as I read them, I can sense the intimacy she has with Christ Jesus. The passion she has for sharing His Word with others is evident. Through her writings, she teaches the truth of the Bible and encourages her readers to live for the Lord wholeheartedly. Read more about Beverley and the purpose of her blog on her About Me Page. ❤️
Purpose of the Barnabas Award 🥇
You have been chosen for this recognition because of the encouragement and inspiration you bring to your readers.
1 Thessalonians 5:11 NIV, “Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.”
The way the Barnabas Award Works:
1)Thank the person who nominated you and share their blog.
2)Think of five bloggers that encourage and inspire you and nominate them.
3)List 5 things about yourself
4)Lastly, ask your nominees 5 questions. Why 5? Because it is the number that signifies grace.
5 Things About Me
1. I accepted Jesus as my Savior when I was 9 years old at a Wednesday night prayer meeting.
2. Daniel is one of my favorite people in the Bible because He resolved to stay committed to the Lord no matter what.
3. One of my favorite memories is my 24 hour road trip with my daughter from Michigan to Florida to drive her to school.
4. My favorite kind of pie is Sweet Potato.
5. I have a certificate in Biblical Counseling and have considered going back to school for counseling.
Beverley’s Questions To Me:
1) Who in your life is your biggest encourager?
Throughout my life my mom has encouraged me the most.
2) When you are down, what encourages you to get back up and keep pressing on?
The truth and inspiration in God’s Word encourages me to keep going.
3) Do you like to encourage others and why?
I love to encourage others. I think it’s something God planted in me to want to do. It brings me joy to be able to help others.
4) What motivates you to get up each morning and what is the first thing that you do in the morning?
Each new day is a blessing from God. When I don’t feel like getting started, remembering that He is with me motivates me to get up. He is aware of everything concerning me and will supply my needs, so I don’t have to worry or be discouraged.
5) Who was your greatest encourager when you first accepted Christ?
I believe it was my mom and all my Sunday school teachers from when I was a child.
To My 5 Nominees: Thank you for the inspiration you bring to me and the others in our blogging community. I’m looking forward to reading your answers if you choose to participate. ❤️
Carly from Believing Beautiful
Queen Karen from Dance In My Shoes
Vivian from God’s Whispers of Truth
Dante from Putting God First Ministry
Thirsty from Thirsty17
My 5 Questions to my nominees
1. When you are down, what encourages you to get back up and keep pressing on?
2. What is something that you have learned about loving others?
3. In what or where do you find joy?
4. Have you read any good books lately that have encouraged you?
5. Where is your favorite place to write?