Thank you Stuart for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I have been enjoying your post. They are very intentional and address a variety of issues which is very helpful. It’s inspiring that you don’t mind tackling the tough topics.
Check out Stu’s blog:
Here are the rules:
• Thank the blogger who nominated you.
• Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
• Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
• List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post/or on your blog.
Here are the questions for me:
1. What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten or should I say attempted to eat? Chitterlings
2. What is the hardest thing you have overcome? Lack of self confidence. I am still working this!
3. What is the one thing you have to have every day? A banana at breakfast
4. Why do you think it is so hard for most men to share their true feelings with the ones they love? Because men are usually taught to be “tough” and that includes not showing too many emotions.
5. If you are married, what do you treasure the most about your spouse?
If dating, what about the one you are seeing? If single, what are you looking for?
As a single person I am content and thankful I have had this time as a single to grow in Christ. I’m not really looking. If God wants me married He’ll send the right person. But He would have to have true godly character.
6. Where did the term, without using Google or any other search engine, by the skin of my teeth come from? I have no idea! I would need to google it. Lol.
7. What are you passionate about and why?
I am passionate about encouraging people, and helping them to know and understand that they are valuable in God’s eyes. They don’t have to compete with others because God has a special unique plan for each person.
8. What topics, if any, have you wanted to write about but haven’t because you feel your “fan base” would not approve?
I don’t necessarily think people would not approve but sometimes I think about racism. Living in South Florida it is so multi cultural (which is great) but there is much racial tension and other negative things to go along with the diversity. It gets tiring at times that people can’t just realize we are all human regardless of what country you came from.
9. Someone who has hurt you deeply in the past reaches out to you. They have done so to make ammends because the Lord told them to. Do you forgive or do you tell them to bugger off? I forgive them.
10. Now, let’s flip that question a little. The Lord tells you to reach out to someone you hurt in the past. Do you do so or do you ignore the prompting of the Holy Spirit out of fear?
You do it! I have actually reached out to someone from my past before because I hurt them. I would just advise people to pray for God to give them the right timing to approach them and the right words to say. Timing is everything.
11. Oh gosh, you are running late for work, grab a quick cup of coffee, get dressed quickly, slip on a pair of shoes and jet. When you arrive at work people snicker when you walk in because you slipped on two different pairs of shoes. What do you do?
I laugh with them! This actually happened to my coworker some years ago. She laughed at herself. We all laughed with her. Lol
I am nominating the following for this award:
You Are Awesome
Silent Songs of Sonsnow
Reflections of a storyteller
Michael Ogazie’s Blog
A Writer’s Touch
Everything is Hack!
Grace and Pink
Humanity Lives On
Rooted In Faith
Here are my questions to you:
Stuart’s questions were great and very thought provoking so please answer the same 11 questions.
Remember participation is optional. But thanks for your blog. You are an inspiration to me! 🌺🌞